Coping When A Placement Has Ended
When a placement ends, planned or not, those involved in the caring for that child often feel a wide range of emotions that can be difficult to process. This can lead to carers delaying the intake of another child or deciding to surrender their authorisation as carers. Regardless of how long a child has been in your care the effects of a child leaving the family group can be a traumatic experience for all involved.
The course will provide cares with opportunities to learn:
- How to manage grief and effects of trauma;
- Experience and process what they are feeling;
- How to create a personal tool box of resources for coping with the ending of a placement;
- How to identify unhelpful thought patterns contributing to stress; and
- Supporting other family members with the end of a placement.
Monday 20th May 9.30am-2.30pm
* A light lunch and refreshments will be provided. Child care is not available.