When children are exposed to domestic and family violence in the home, it is likely that they will also experience significant developmental consequences that impact on their emotional regulation, learning and behaviour.
Understanding how the exposure to domestic and family violence has impacted a child can assist in identifying behaviours and strategies to assist the child’s development.
This webinar will discuss the following topics:
- The experience of children impacted by domestic and family violence,
- The prevalence of children exposed to domestic violence in Australia,
- Social Learning theory, Attachment theory and Cognitive-Contextual Models,
- Identifying Externalising and Internalising behaviours, and
- Tips on how you as a caregiver can assist in understanding your child’s behaviour.
Top tips on understanding children’s behaviour when they have been exposed to domestic violence
Tue, 17 Sep 2019 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM AEST
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
Australia: +61 2 9091 7603
Access Code: 646-201-229
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: