This year, Foster & Kinship Care Week 2019 will run from 8th – 15th September 2019.
The aims of Foster & Kinship Care Week are to:
- Acknowledge and celebrate the work of foster and kinship carers across NSW
- Raise awareness in local communities of the value of foster care, foster care agencies and need for more carers
- Attract new foster & kinship carers
My Forever Family is encouraging agencies and regional groups located outside the Sydney metropolitan area to be a part of Foster & Kinship Care Week 2019 by holding joint events in their local community.
To encourage collaboration between foster care agencies and groups, My Forever Family will be providing grants of up to $1,000 in support of regional joint initiatives. In the past, some agencies have also sought the support of local businesses through donations and services, and this is again encouraged.
Organisers have often included with their events an information stall or similar promotional activity that is well publicised in the local media. This helps to raise the profile of carers, creating a fertile ground for carer recruitment and potentially attracting new carers.
Applications for funding will be assessed on the following criteria:
- The event meets the aims of the Foster & Kinship 2019 week.
- The activity is for carers and children in a regional, rural or remote area.
- The event demonstrates collaboration between agencies within the region.
- There is a demonstrated ability to source other funds if needed.
- The application is submitted by a non-government organisation (e.g. an incorporated association).
Any questions about the grants or your application can be directed to Ceris Lane, the My Forever Family Events Co-ordinator for Foster & Kinship Care Week 2019:
Phone: +61 (0) 434 111 464
To apply, please fill out the following forms:
And return to My Forever Family by Friday 16th August 2019 at 5.00pm.
Thank you for being a part of Foster & Kinship Care Week 2019 in NSW.