Caring for those who care for kids.
At My Forever Family NSW, we understand carers need support in caring for children and young people in out-of-home care.
Who we support
Whether you’re already a carer or are interested in becoming one, My Forever Family NSW is here for you.
We provide support, training and services for:
- kinship and relative carers
- foster carers
- adoptive parents from out-of-home care (OOHC)
We offer specialised training and support services specific to your type of care. Whether you’re a part-time, long term, emergency, short-term or restoration carer, relative or kinship carer, guardian or adoptive parent.
Our program is committed to providing culturally appropriate support and equal access for all. We take your feedback seriously, working with our carers, NGOs and the child welfare sector to ensure we are doing everything we can to engage, support and train you to assist you in your carer journey.
What we do
Our goal is to make sure you feel acknowledged, supported and equipped as you care for children. We have developed specialised services, professional support and multiple training programs to ensure you have everything you need.
Our services include:
- in-person and online training and recorded webinars
- phone and email support
- additional in-person support for those with challenging cases
- education and learning resources
- advocacy for the rights of carers – working to improve the system and overcome issues relating to caring for kids throughout NSW
- carer support groups and mentor programs
- recruitment of new foster carers
- support and guidance on your way to becoming an authorised carer.
What we can help with
If you require specific support, our specialised services can provide guidance on any issues you may have as a carer, including:
- supporting the children in your care
- casework support
- family contact for children
- allegations/reportable conduct
Our Carer Support team are available Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm on 1300 782 975 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org