We’re here for you on every step of your carer journey.
Our qualified Carer Support Team is available via phone or email, ready to provide you with the advice and guidance you need.
Topics we can assist with include:
- organising appropriate training and courses near you
- challenges with children and young people in your care
- issues with casework support
- family of origin contact for children
- allegations and reportable conduct
- connecting you with carer support groups and mentoring
- information about becoming a foster carer (part-time, restoration, emergency, short term, long term), kinship carer, guardian or adoptive parent
- understanding permanency for the child in your care
- support during the process of becoming an authorised foster carer, guardian or adoptive parent.
Be the best carer you can be
Whether you’re a foster carer, kinship carer, guardian or adoptive parent, we can provide you with the specialised support, information and skills you need, to give children in care what they need.
Contact carer support
Our Carer support team are available by phone 9am – 5pm weekdays on 1300 782 975 or contact us via our website.
My Forever Family NSW cares about those who care for children. One of the key ways we provide support is through our high-quality training options. Whether it’s in person, online or a recorded webinar our sessions will ensure that you feel informed, supported and equipped for your critical role in caring for children and young people.
Our calendar of training and support sessions are designed to help you develop your skills and bolster your confidence as a carer.
- training on topics relevant to carers, including understanding trauma, parenting traumatised children, emotional regulation, challenging conversations and coping when a placement has ended.
- carer support groups
- first aid training
- information sessions for those interested in becoming a foster carer, guardian or adoptive parent.
No matter where you are in NSW we have an extensive range of online training options and recorded webinars that you can access online and in your own time from the comfort of your own home. We are regularly reviewing and adding to our training offerings to ensure you have the highest quality, up-to-date content. To access training you will need to register or login to the Carer Portal.