Introduction to Trauma and the Brain
Trauma can have significant effects on brain development and functioning of a child, which if exposed, can begin in utero. An understanding of trauma and the brain can assist in explaining some of these impacts in relation to memory, attachment relationships, leaning, behaviour and emotion.
In this FREE 1hr webinar the following topics will be explored:
- What is Trauma,
- What is Developmental Trauma,
- Discussion of the common causes of developmental Trauma,
- How trauma impact on specific parts of the brain and their functions, and
- What you can do as a caregiver to assist your child.
- My Forever Family NSW training sessions are open to all carers in NSW and, where we have space, agency staff
- Places are limited and registrations will close once all places are filled
- Certificates will be emailed to you by My Forever Family NSW after completion of the course.
Once you register, you will receive an email with further information including venue details. If you do not receive this information before training, please check your junk mailbox.
If, after registering, you are no longer able to attend this event, please contact us to let us know so that your place can be made available to another carer.
My Forever Family NSW
Phone: 1300 782 975
* Our webinars are an open discussion where questions, comments and the sharing of experiences are encouraged. We may record the webinars and they are then available for carers and agency staff to access and listen to via our Online Learning Management System: https://www.myforeverfamily.org.au/page/102/online-training