DAPTO - Free face-to-face training:
Relative and Kinship Care
Relative and kinship care provides children and young people with strong family networks including sustained relationships with parents, siblings, and extended family, and maintenance of their culture and identity. Relative and Kinship care is its own unique experience with its own unique challenges. Join us in Dapto where this training session aims to provide a space for relative and kinship carers to explore those challenges and discuss strategies for managing life as a kinship carer.
We will discuss:
- Big changes
- Family Dynamics
- Dealing with Systems
- Health and Self Care
PLEASE NOTE: Childcare is available for this course. If you require childcare, please contact us directly at trainingmyforeverfamily.org.au with the name and age of your child and any special needs that they may have.
As lunch will be provided please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
- My Forever Family NSW training sessions are FREE to all carers in NSW and, where we have space, agency staff
- Places are limited and registrations will close once all places are filled
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided
- Certificates will be emailed to you by My Forever Family NSW after completion of the course.
- When childcare is confirmed carers MUST supply all toys/books/activities, nappies/wipes and food/drinks. The childcare worker will not have any supplies.
- After registration, you will receive an email with further information including venue details. If you do not receive these details before the event please check your junk mail first.
- If, after registering, you can no longer attend training, please contact us to let us know so that your place can be made available to another carer.
My Forever Family NSW
Phone: 1300 782 975