The Online Lounge Room @ 8pm
The Online Lounge Room is a space for you to connect and share with other carers from the comfort of your own home.
All children need opportunities to learn, play and socialise with their peers. Children with a history of trauma may struggle in these situations and exhibit troublesome behaviours. Dr Stacy Blythe will discuss some strategies to assist parents and carers to educate the adults facilitating children’s activities so that the children can participate in a safe space.
Stacy is a mother, foster carer, and senior lecturer in the School of Nursing and Midwifery at Western Sydney University. Her program of research is concerned with the health and well-being of children in out-of-home care, and their families. Stacy’s teaching focus is in infant mental health. She holds a PhD in relation to foster care and has post graduate qualifications in developmental trauma.
Date: Tuesday 23 February | Time: 8pm to 8.40pm
Register using the button below then on the day, grab a cuppa and login with the link we send you.
- The Online Lounge Room sessions are an open forum where discussion, questions, comments, and the sharing of experiences is encouraged
- Registrations are limited to authorised foster carers, relative and kinship carers, guardians and adoptive parents in NSW.
- Online Lounge Room sessions are strictly limited to ensure you have time to share and ask any questions you may have
- Online Lounge Rooms are conducted via Zoom and can be accessed by a computer, tablet or smartphone, or via audio only using a landline or mobile phone.
- If you have any questions, please contact our Carer Support Team on 1300 782 975 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time
Once you register, you will receive an email with further information including login details. If you do not receive this information within an hour of registering, please check your junk mailbox.
If, after registering, you are no longer able to attend, please contact us to let us know so that your place can be made available to another carer.
* The Online Lounge Room is an initiative of Adopt Change Limited.