Evening Webinar- Top tips for responding to disclosures
19:30 to 20:30
Supporting a child who has disclosed abuse can be challenging and it can feel difficult to know how to respond or what actions to take after the initial conversation. This webinar will highlight some key tips for responding to disclosures of abuse and neglect including:
- How to engage effectively with the child/young person,
- How to ensure they feel safe, supported and heard,
- How to respect the details the child is providing and not probe for more information,
- How to acknowledge the child/young person’s strengths,
- How to listen supportively,
- Key messages the child/ young person needs to hear from you,
- Tips for managing new knowledge and avoiding vicarious trauma,
- What to do with the disclosure/ who to report to,
- Where to receive support, and
- The next steps.
- My Forever Family NSW training sessions are open to all carers in NSW and, where we have space, agency staff;
- Places are limited and registrations will close once all places are filled;
- Certificates will be emailed to you by My Forever Family NSW after completion of the course.
If, after registering, you are no longer able to attend this event, please contact us to let us know so that your place can be made available to another carer.
Contact Information: My Forever Family NSW
Phone: 1800 782 975
* Our webinars are an open discussion where questions, comments and the sharing of experiences are encouraged. We record the webinars and they are then available for carers and agency staff to access and listen to via our Online Learning Management System: