Join us for this FREE 2hr online training on adoption of children and young people in out-of-home care in NSW.
This 2hr online training will provide a brief overview of some main adoption areas:
- What is open adoption?
- Planning for permanency
- Adoption and Aboriginal communities - this section will include;
- Views on adoption in Aboriginal communities
- How the Permanent Placement Principles (in the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection Act) 1998) are applied for Aboriginal children and young people
- The special safeguards that exist when considering adoption for an Aboriginal child or young person.
- Differences between guardianship and OOHC open adoption
- When might OOHC open adoption be right for a child?
- Are you eligible to be an adoptive parent?
- OOHC open adoption process
You will be sent log-in details once your registration is confirmed and this session should only be accessed on a pc, laptop or smart phone so slides can be viewed.
- My Forever Family NSW training sessions are open to all carers in NSW and, where we have space, agency staff
- Places are limited and registrations will close once all places are filled
- Certificates will be emailed to you by My Forever Family NSW after completion of the course.
If, you are no longer able to attend this event, please contact us to let us know so that your place can be made available to another carer.
My Forever Family Training
Phone: 1300 782 975