We’re there for you every step of the way.
Our qualified Carer Support Team is available via phone or online, ready to provide you with the advice and guidance you need.
Topics we can assist you with include:
- organising appropriate training and courses near you
- challenges with children in your care
- issues with casework support
- family of origin contact for children
- allegations and reportable conduct
- connecting you with peer support groups and mentoring
- information about becoming a foster carer (respite, restoration, emergency, short term, long term), kinship carer, guardian or adoptive parent
- understanding permanency for the child in your care
- support during the process of becoming an authorised foster carer, guardian or adoptive parent.
Carer Support Line:
T: 1300 782 975
Get in touch
We are here to help you be the best carer you can be
Whether you’re a foster carer, kinship carer, guardian or adoptive parent, we can provide you with the specialised support, information and skills you need, to give children in care what they need.
Our carer support team is ready to help
My Forever Family cares about those who care for children, which means we’re here to care for you. Whether it’s in person, via webinar or online, our high-quality training and support options ensure that all our carers feel supported, informed, equipped and encouraged in their critical role of caring for children.
For in-depth, inspiring and encouraging training, why not try one of our intensive training events. Our calendar of training and support sessions and seminars are designed to help you develop your skills and bolster your confidence as a carer.
These events include:
- training on topics relevant to carers, including understanding trauma, parenting traumatised children, emotional regulation, challenging conversations and coping when a placement has ended.
- peer support groups
- first aid training
- information sessions for those interested in becoming a foster carer, guardian or adoptive parent.
To bring your support even closer to home, we’ve developed an extensive range of online training courses and webinars. Carers, guardians and parents can participate in My Forever Family’s training program from anywhere in NSW. From the comfort of your own home, you can engage with courses, training providers and presenters and find the right learning experience for you. We regularly add new online training modules, including videos, to ensure you have the highest quality, up-to-date content.
Discover the training and support that works for you - check out our calendar of training events and online training options now.