We care for those who care for children.
Who we support
Whether you’re already a carer or are interested in becoming one, My Forever Family is here for you.
We provide support, training and services for:
- Kinship and relative care
- Emergency foster care
- Respite foster care
- Short term care
- Restoration care
- Long term care
- Out of home care (OOHC) adoption
We offer specialised training and support services specific to your type of care. Our Care Support Team and training resources support guardians, adoptive parents, long term carers, relative/kinship carers and short term or restoration foster carers (who look after children until they can return to their birth family).
My Forever family is here for you, whatever your circumstances or background. Our program is committed to providing culturally appropriate support and equal access for all. We always take your feedback seriously, working with our carers, NGOs and the child welfare sector to ensure we are doing everything we can to engage, support and train you in your caring journey.
What we do
Our goal is to make sure you feel acknowledged, supported and equipped as you care for children. We have developed specialised services, professional support and multiple training programs to ensure you have everything you need in your caring journey.
- Face-to-face and online training
- Phone and email support
- Additional in-person support for those with challenging cases
- Education and learning resources
- Advocacy for the rights of carers - working to improve the system and overcome issues relating to caring for kids throughout NSW
- Peer-to-peer support groups and mentor programs
- Recruitment of new foster carers, including those who would like to become restoration carers
- Support and guidance on your way to becoming a carer.
What we can help with
My Forever Family is here to help you throughout your caring journey. Our specialised support teams can assist you with:
- Supporting the children in your care
- Casework support
- Family contact for children
- Allegations/reportable conduct